The 2019 HS All City Honor Choir, Band, and Orchestra Concert will take place on Saturday, February 23 at the North Salem HS auditorium, from 7:00 to 9:30 PM.
Conductor – Dr. Lee Nelson, Patricia R. Zahn Chair in Choral Conducting and director of choral activities at Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa
Accompanist – Sara Greenleaf
- Domine Adajuvantum Me – Giovanni Battista Martini
- Responsorial 1 – Eric William Barnum
- I Will Be a Child of Peace – Elaine Hagenberg
- We Can Mend the Sky – Jake Runestad
- All of Us – Craig Hella Johnson
The auditions will be live and will take place on Tuesday, January 15, 2019, at South Salem HS, starting at 4:00PM.
Audition material will include the scales from the All State Audition, an excerpt from one of the concert pieces, and sight-reading. Will McLean will communicate specifics via email to directors. The application contract form will be done via Google Form. A link to the form can be accessed on the district music website (salkeiz.k12.or.us/music). If you wish to include the application link on your own webpages, it is www.tinyurl.com/skallcity. The application window will be Monday, Dec. 3 through Tuesday, Jan. 8. If a student fails to apply by the deadline, s/he may be accommodated as a walk-on at the live auditions, provided there is time. Will McLean will collect necessary information from walk-ons and will submit the information to Sheila. The selected All City Honor Choir roster, including alternates, will be submitted no later than January 16.
Directors will be responsible to complete the following by January 30:
- Collect participation fees from their selected students
- Submit the Accounting Summary Form and participation fees to their bookkeeper
- Email a copy of the Accounting Summary Form to Sheila
All Salem-Keizer HS choir directors will be involved in the audition process as well as the section coaching, as communicated by Will McLean. They will also share in the supervision of the students at the All City rehearsals and performance.
The HS All City Honor Choir audition, rehearsal, and performance schedule is as follows:
Date Time Event Location
|Tues. January 15||4:30 – 8:30 PM||Live Auditions||South Salem HS|
|Wed. January 30||3:45 – 6:00 PM||Prep Rehearsal||South Salem HS|
|Wed. February 6||3:45 – 6:00 PM||Prep Rehearsal||South Salem HS|
|Wed. February 13||3:45 – 6:00 PM||Prep Rehearsal||South Salem HS|
|Wed. February 20||3:45 – 6:00 PM||Prep Rehearsal||South Salem HS|
|Thurs. February 21||6:00 – 9:00 PM||Rehearsal w/ Clinician||North Salem HS|
|Fri. February 22||8:00 – 3:00 PM||Rehearsal w/ Clinician||North Salem HS|
|Sat. February 23||9:00 – 3:00 PM||Dress Rehearsal||North Salem HS|
|Sat. February 23||7:00 PM (6:00 CALL)||Evening Performance||North Salem HS|
The music is to be memorized by the first rehearsal with the clinician (Thursday, February 21).
- Dec. 3 – Jan 8 Application window
- January 15 Auditions
- January 16 Roster submitted to Sheila
- January 30 Participation fees and Accounting Summary Form (ASF) are submitted to the bookkeeper and a copy of the ASF is sent to Sheila
- February 21 Music is to be memorized